The North Providence Fire Department is committed to providing the highest level of Public Safety services to our community. We protect lives and property through Fire Suppression, Advanced Life Support Emergency Medical Services, Technical Rescue, Fire Prevention and Public Education.
We will take pride in our service and work safely, professionally and courteously.
- 1967 Mineral Spring Avenue: Engine 1, Ladder 1, Rescue 1, Marine 1
- 369 Fruit Hill Avenue: Engine 2, Battalion 1, DECON 1
- 1080 Mineral Spring Avenue: Engine 3, Rescue 2, Squad 1
The Department is proud to be rated by the ISO (Insurance Services Office) as a Class 2 Department. This is the highest rating in Rhode Island; and, a level only achieved by two other departments’ state-wide.
- Fire Suppression and Emergency Medical Services
- Public Assistance in various fields
- Regional Decontamination Response
- Special Operations including: auto extrication, trench rescue, confined space rescue, high angle rope rescue.
- Fire Code enforcement
- Fire investigation
- Building plan review
- Fire safety inspections
- Fire Safety programs
- CPR refresher programs
- Hydrant inspections
- Civic detail support
- Blood pressure screening
- Educational tours