Recreation Main Page
Annual Family Events · Athletic Facilities · Youth League Information
Pool & Fitness Center Facility · Pool Rules
Pool & Fitness Center Programs & Info · Barracuda Swim Team
Summer Recreation Programs · Other Recreation Programs
North Providence Sports Hall of Fame · Lifeguard Training
U.S. Masters Swimming
Parks & Recreation Mission
- To improve the health and wellness of our community through the provision of programming and facilities that encourage maintaining, an active and fitness-conscious lifestyle.
- To be efficient stewards of the public facilities under our care and keep them clean, safe, well maintained and environmentally friendly.
- To develop new facilities that will improve the quality of life in our community.
- To provide a wide variety of activities that encourage all segments of our population to use their free time in a positive and productive manner.
- To attempt to connect all citizens to our community by offering programs, facilities and special family events that welcome inclusion, and both active and passive participation.
- To make the service to our patrons a high priority by creating user-friendly procedures, and treating them, as we would like to be treated.
Camp Meehan Grant
Champlin Foundations awarded the Town of North Providence $344,000 in grant funding. The grant includes renovating an existing beach, construction of a kayak and boating center, renovations to an administration and recreational building, parking lot improvements, a storage garage, playing fields, basketball courts and hiking trails.