Recreation Main Page
Annual Family Events · Athletic Facilities · Youth League Information
Pool & Fitness Center Facility · Pool Rules
Pool & Fitness Center Programs & Info · Barracuda Swim Team
Summer Recreation Programs · Other Recreation Programs
North Providence Sports Hall of Fame · Lifeguard Training
U.S. Masters Swimming
Upcoming Annual Family Special Events
- Mayor Charles A. Lombardi Fishing Derby. Sponsored by the North Providence Recreation Department. Monday, April 18, 2016 (12:00 noon – 3:00 pm ) Governor Notte Park/Geneva Pond. For Boys and Girls ages 6-14. North Providence residents only. Must bring your own equipment. Refreshments and trophies. Further Details TBA.
- Memorial Day Parade Celebration and Memorial Service. Monday, May 30, 2016. The parade begins at 1:00 pm at the North Providence High School, and ends at Governor John A. Notte Jr. Park, where a festival including food vendors, music and much more will take place immediately after the parade until 6:00pm (no entrance fee.) For more information, please call the Recreation Department at 719-1633. More information here.
- Independence Day Fireworks. Sunday, July 3rd, 2016 at Governor John A. Notte Jr. Park. Entertainment 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Food Court 6:00 pm-9:00 pm. Fireworks Display at 9:00 pm. Rain date is Tuesday, July 5th, 2016.
- Pumpkins in the Park Show your “Halloween Spirit” by wearing your favorite costume! This event will be held at Governor Notte Park on Friday, October 28, 2016. from 6:00-9:00PM, features an evening of Halloween music, refreshments, and train rides through mazes of spectacular carved jack-o-lanterns, painted pumpkins, and wonderful Halloween-themed displays. This is an enjoyable night for the entire family… no tricks – just treats! Rain date is October 29, 2016.
- Lighting of The Town’s Christmas Tree Please Join Mayor Lombardi for the Lighting of The Town’s Christmas Tree on Sunday, November 27th, 2016 THE MEEHAN OVERLOOK AT NOTTE 2 GOVERNOR NOTTE PARK WAY 02904. Held annually on the first Sunday after Thanksgiving.
4 to 4:30 p.m. – NPHS Band will present holiday music.
4:45 p.m. – Santa arrives on a fire truck.
5 p.m. – Lighting of the town tree.
5:15 p.m. – Visits with Santa. Free photos available.
4 to 6 p.m. – Enjoy refreshments